Adventures beyond time

Adventures beyond time

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Camino Day 19 to Melide

This was our first full day of clouds. there was a cold fog in the morning, condensation falling from trees onto our heads as we walked the lovely canopied trails through the woods. There were fewer towns in which to stop for coffee, and surprizingly fewer pilgrims on the trail. In a beautiful gully with a pond full of calling frogs and a stone bridge, I was overtaken by a deaf woman and her friend, signing. We chatted for a while. She was from Germany. Great fun to practice my sign language again. We finally did find a cafe, called the Cafe of the Two Germans. Good, warm coffee. then we proceeded over a medieval bridge, along more trails, and into our second cafe...where the choice was a glass of soda from an open bottle of Fresca...or beer. Beer it was. In Melide the specialty is octopus...pulpo. That´s what we had for dinner. Yum.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I'm not a fan of pulpo - I believe mostly b/c I worked with them a bit for my master's degree. Don loves it though!
Almost there... congrats!