Adventures beyond time

Adventures beyond time

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bunnies

Easter is coming and I have our damn bunnies on display. 

 

In about 1972 I was sitting on the front steps at Corey Creek Apts with my 4- and 1-year olds, and Anne, who lived upstairs from us, came home from kindergarten. "Hi Anne, what did you do in school today?" said I. 

 

"Worked on those damn bunnies, again!" said Anne. 

 

Ever since, any project that keeps bouncing back for more work regardless of how hard you try to finish it has been a damn bunny to me. The folks I have worked with will tell you it was our code for things like a foundation proposal that seemed perfect, but got returned for one more re-write. 

 

Thanks to Anne for a lifetime of smiles. 

 

I'll bet other parents of former Mansfield Pa kindergartners also have damn bunnies on display! In the photos, you will note that Pam had the same teacher as Anne and their bunnies were "just right." Meg, however, had the other kindergarten teacher and her bunny has a distinctly more individualistic character.


 

No comments: