Adventures beyond time

Adventures beyond time

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Smallest Hospital, Adirondack Pharmacy, Natural History Project Reconnoitering

On the way up, when we were in Lexington, I made my first ever visit to an Urgent Care. The poison ivy I had fallen into on the Refuge before we left Cedar Key had gotten the best of me. The Urgent Care doc said I was too far gone for steroid cream and prescribed prednisone for 10 days. Ugh!

A few days ago, I scratched my finger on a sharp kitchen knife. Overnight, the scratch started to hurt and by morning an infection was showing itself. So, off I went to the Clifton Fine Hospital, the smallest in NYS. The doc was great and suggested that prednisone might be the culprit since it lowers autoimmune reactions. Off the prednisone, on to Keflex. Or maybe not. Star Lake's Adirondack Pharmacy thinks I am allergic to it. They are checking with my Gainesville docs. You get really looked after in this little town.


We spent the afternoon looking for wet lands where we could hike on trails, without going through the wet. We found a few and will try the hikes s son as we get a day without other commitments. Russ is working on a natural history project while we're here. It was nice to be out on the trails.

Smallest hospital, pretty too. Yesterday when we walked by an employee picnic was being set up. We met and chatted with the musician who was going to sing adn play for an hour at lunch time.


An afternoon of wet lands in Cranberry Lake, Wanakena, Star Lake, and Oswetatchie












No comments: